News Coverage of H1N1 and Health Care Generally; Blog Xfer from Fall 2009

Subscribe to this feed
Bookmark and Share
1 reply [Last post]
Mardy Ross's picture
Mardy Ross
Title: LumiGRATE Poster - Top of the Totem Pole
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 1 day ago.

This is the blog post from last Labor Day when the story ran in The Denver Post -- an interview I had initiated obtaining when I saw a need based on what the paper was covering about H1N1, which was seeming to me to be very biased towards immunizations, and I knew there was more that people could be doing to keep from getting sick or if they did catch a bug to not have it affect them so much.  This links to the actual Denver Post online article, which is VERY entertaining about me drinking 'poison cocktails' as a kid and then if you want to see wht the online readers who wrote had to say, it lets you know those of us thinking alternatively are not always so respected! WHICH only makes me more determined to have valid, progressive information out there for those that DO want to know, and be respectful of it, as people are here at Lumigrate.   ~~ Mardy

www.lumigrate.com/blog/news-coverage-h1n1-and-health-care-generally

Live and Learn. Learn and Live Better! is my motto. I'm Mardy Ross, and I founded Lumigrate in 2008 after a career as an occupational therapist with a background in health education and environmental research program administration. Today I function as the desk clerk for short questions people have, as well as 'concierge' services offered for those who want a thorough exploration of their health history and direction to resources likely to progress their health according to their goals. Contact Us comes to me, so please do if you have questions or comments. Lumigrate is "Lighting the Path to Health and Well-Being" for increasing numbers of people. Follow us on social networking sites such as: Twitter: http://twitter.com/lumigrate and Facebook. (There is my personal page and several Lumigrate pages. For those interested in "groovy" local education and networking for those uniquely talented LumiGRATE experts located in my own back yard, "LumiGRATE Groove of the Grand Valley" is a Facebook page to join. (Many who have joined are beyond our area but like to see the Groovy information! We not only have FUN, we are learning about other providers we can be referring patients to and 'wearing a groove' to each other's doors -- or websites/home offices!) By covering some of the things we do, including case examples, it reinforces the concepts at Lumigrate.com as well as making YOU feel that you're part of a community. Which you ARE at Lumigrate!

Mardy Ross's picture
Mardy Ross
Title: LumiGRATE Poster - Top of the Totem Pole
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 1 day ago.
2017 Out of Denver, Signs & Symbols of Change. Learn Symbology!

This may seem 'off the beaten path', or incosequential to some.  To me, I see a bread crumb-like trail of 'dots' to connect which might help YOUsers of Lumigrate (YOU if you're reading now are one). Let's talk about symbology.  I'm in Colorado -- the midst of it all (as Denver is slated to be the capital of Area #1/North America under what is called Agenda 21, now being called Agenda 30 or something as things are getting 'pushed out', perhaps due to mounting resistance from people 'waking up' and 'learning' what is going on.  I only want people to get to that point, and form opinions and act upon them. What YOU decide is up to YOU and that's GRATE.  Just don't sleepily and blindly become a victim of something you didn't know was going on and were seeing it carried out in a slow drip way in front of your eyes.....

I have spent a great deal of time making relationships using Facebook, since becoming a user of their free website just as Lumigrate was being created, and I knew I'd need to have people learn of it one way or another, or many ways.  Naturally, I've connected with doctors. 

One was 'outside the box' and connected me to a Colorado MD who had worked for the same organization 'outside the box' (or so I thought, it turns out the people who own and control the box have invested outside the box too, so, I presume, they can control how far towards the truth and honest medicine people get, and continue to make more money off of them compared to if the people got all the way to the truthful, simplest, cheapest, easiest information, products, and services.) 

So we were merrily FB friends and often there was a colleague from medical school, perhaps, or from working as new doctors long ago in Denver.  And we became Facebook friends.  I like to have diversity in my FB friends because I want to get a mix of what people are sharing and doing on Facebook and this one keeps me reminded of the mainstream / inside the box 'authorities' who promote what they either believe or are paid to promote. 

So this year this very inside the box doctor shared the Colorado Health Department's info, which included the symbols of the State of Colorado's 'new logo' (new in the years since this story ran in The Denver Post and around the time the Post would no longer do any stories such as the one I got 'slipped in by suggesting it to their reporter'), trademarked you will notice. 

A triangle with the tip up.  "Symbology" is important here, so there's a Search word for you ReSearching on the Internet.  Fitting with it to the right as we read on the page or see on a truck such as CDOT (Department of Transportation) will be the beta organization to the alpha on the right.  Their tip is pointed down.  This is part of the symbology, as I understand it.  

This doctor had another Facebook friend who stood up well -- similar in education it sounds -- to the 'good doctor' telling people to get your flu shot.  He made the point that any deaths from the flu should be considered and studied in terms of pre-existing wellness.  My point is that few people with good immune systems would be inclined to get the flu shot.  Most will have gotten other vaccines, and that's corrupting of the immune system right there.  I just cannot fathom anyone who had never received vaccines deciding that the flu vaccine was the first one they needed/wanted to receive.  I didn't even talk about that in my comments on that doctor's wall, I just talked about my history. 

The educated person who'd commented so well had used the 'anti vaxxer' term and said 'crazy' with it (something like "I'm not just some crazy anti-vaxxer", so I'd tried to gently an appropriately address THAT, since I find most people were pro vaccine and their children got them and THEN they saw the effects, studied and now speak out and also are selectively or non vaccine for their children, selves and pets, etc.

I also talked about my receiving the massively bad vaccine in 1981 which changed the vaccine industry's compensation so you get paid from them if they feel appropriate through a legal process and don't sue, as they would have been bankrupted by the lawsuits after the one that people got together on with that early 80s rubella vaccine I was injured with.  I did not see my comment there later, but maybe I just wasn't seeing it and it was there. 

If it was not removed, great.  If it was removed, then it's another example of censorship, and I'm going to use Lumigrate.com until one or both of us just get so old and wear out that we don't function to fight the censorship to keep people from being effective medical consumers and citizens.  Hence I'm taking the time to add this on today. Who knows if this employee of a big System provider in Denver area is instructed on using his Facebook page one way or another or not.  I can't imagine being a provider and allowing their providers to be posting on their Facebook about things that could bring them into a court of law one way or another unless it was in their job description to be doing it.  There are lots of Trojan Horses that get slipped by the people in the years of history, even just on how Facebook has been used in the past decade. 

Yes, sometime after 2009 when The Denver Post's management was eager for the afore-mentioned article at the link in the above thread-starter, they no longer would take a story idea like I had gotten to them in 2009 with such success.  I asked Nancy, the reporter from 2009 who I was again talking with at that time why, and was told it was policy / management change.  Around that time I saw a paper copy of The Post and it was a lot of propaganda that was pro-System stuff --- it just appeared to me that it had lost it's neutrality and was literally just publishing propaganda for things The System wants to have --- oil and gas production and so forth. 

Then Colorado would become THE FIRST state in the US for legalizing recreational marijuana / cannabis, and the man who had spearheaded that was then given a job at The Denver Post where he had quite a big budget for hiring a lot of staff to cover The Weed Story.  And so I really tuned in to see what the stories were that unfolded and it appeared to me the mainstream media was trying to pit people against each other.  One of the situations I happened to be one degree away from and there was something fishy about the response time from the police. 

I asked the person who knew the family affected, allegedly, by cannabis involved with a violent and life-ending situation, if the victim and family had financial problems.  Yes they had.  I then suggested they keep their radar up for signs that was alleviated or made worse by the alleged event.  And I suggested they put on their imagination cap and pretend they're a fiction writer and they craft a story where a fake news story is made up and put into play but executed in a way that the public who doesn't know how fake news is made believes it occurred. 

I think that was kind of 'head spinning' for that person but at another level it seemed they maybe could see how THAT explained why it took the police so long to arrive that they didn't intervene before a gun was fired.  Oh, yes, we had gun violence mixed with cannabis use in a person who had also taken other drugs but .... they were making a big deal of an edible.  Drawing attention to that issue and to the issue of guns. 

So I asked 'have you seen the new Colorado logo? Yes, they had.  No they didn't like it. 

Have you thought about what a triangle means? Do you know what that means? I didn't for a long time, but I learned from the diversity educator at Colorado State University when I worked at the student health center for the health education team, of which she was one of the primary providers.  We've seen it used for so many things over the years that we associate it with ... Pink Floyd, Greek organizations that held parties or housed people and did their work affiliated with University, gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered/x/y/z adopted it along the way.  It had been tattood on people who were believed or known to be non hererosexual in the concentration camps in our World War 2 era in Europe. 

Learn to look into symbols! This indirectly will help YOU as a health consumer and advocate for what YOU want to believe and then DO related to health and well-being.

Live and Learn. Learn and Live Better! is my motto. I'm Mardy Ross, and I founded Lumigrate in 2008 after a career as an occupational therapist with a background in health education and environmental research program administration. Today I function as the desk clerk for short questions people have, as well as 'concierge' services offered for those who want a thorough exploration of their health history and direction to resources likely to progress their health according to their goals. Contact Us comes to me, so please do if you have questions or comments. Lumigrate is "Lighting the Path to Health and Well-Being" for increasing numbers of people. Follow us on social networking sites such as: Twitter: http://twitter.com/lumigrate and Facebook. (There is my personal page and several Lumigrate pages. For those interested in "groovy" local education and networking for those uniquely talented LumiGRATE experts located in my own back yard, "LumiGRATE Groove of the Grand Valley" is a Facebook page to join. (Many who have joined are beyond our area but like to see the Groovy information! We not only have FUN, we are learning about other providers we can be referring patients to and 'wearing a groove' to each other's doors -- or websites/home offices!) By covering some of the things we do, including case examples, it reinforces the concepts at Lumigrate.com as well as making YOU feel that you're part of a community. Which you ARE at Lumigrate!

This forum is provided to allow members of Lumigrate to share information and ideas. Any recommendations made by forum members regarding medical treatments, medications, or procedures are not endorsed by Lumigrate or practitioners who serve as Lumigrate's medical experts.

Lumigrate Newsletter

Stay informed of the latest Lumigrate news!

Subscribe to this feed