"The Stack" for Covid Concerned from Joe Rogan Experience, 6 January 2021 Featuring Dr. Mark Gordon

Subscribe to this feed
Bookmark and Share
No replies
Mardy Ross's picture
Mardy Ross
Title: LumiGRATE Poster - Top of the Totem Pole
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago.

Under Construction, check back later, please.  

Joe Rogan has reached, on the Internet, as big an audience as mainstream broadcast media has in recent times with their personalities who nowdays "interview" with an entertaining flare.  I'd not learn of Joe Rogan until COVID came along -- looking for new channels on YouTube for filling my "screen time", because the local public library was closed.  I was in a routine of checking out DVDs.  I know, I'm old, but so are a lot of people! 

I was so thrilled to hear this episode, I wanted to bring highlights of it here and encourage people to GO and experience it in full.  Let me start with the description of the episode and invited guests, who collaborate on the subject of brain injuries in veterans.  The portion I'm covering here at this thread is pretty exclusively Dr. Mark Gordon, with Mr Marr listening, and Mr Rogan doing as good as job as I've seen him doing an interview.  (Below, I provide a link to Joe Rogan's website and the steps to navigate to getting to his channel at Spotify and then to find this episode.)  

Episode Description

Dr. Mark Gordon is an expert in the field of neuroregenerative medicine and the treatment of Traumatic Brain Injuries. SFC Andrew Marr is a Green Beret, co-founder of the Warrior Angels Foundation, and author of "Tales from the Blast Factory". He is also one of the subjects in the new documentary "Quiet Explosions" available now.

Video credit: "Coronavirus Epidemic Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown" by MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY - https://youtu.be/U7F1cnWup9M

It was a transition time for Joe Rogan, as he made a big money deal with Spotify and at the end of 2020 would no longer be posting the full length videos, only snippets of highlights, to YouTube.  The transition came just as I came down with COVID-19, and my priorities changed.  Surviving, which I did obviously, and I made do with what I could watch on YouTube.

I credit the "preparation" and effort I put into my wellness in 2020 -- getting sunshine as much as I could, sleep, stress level, walking, even setting a goal to do a long hike (as a fundraiser) sometime near the end of the year, diet, and last (but not least) supplemental nutrition.   

Like most, when learning of COVID-19 in early 2020, it was a process.  It started with reminders of germs on hands and things your hands touch.  Then we went into room air and masks, distancing from others, and all the fallout from restrictions that affected the economy and people's habits. 

Thanks to O'Rio Grande (my very old, impaired dog, who was euthanized the first day of fall, 2020, in the hiatus from COVID high alerts in 2020), my lifestyle didn't change much with COVID.  His veterinary needs, medications, supplements, foods, and so on were always the priority with available funds, and I'd spend free time with him, on the floor, because I'd be away from him a good deal while I "worked" locally. 

Locally, in person, I assist people with their various tasks, using my experience from life (basics -- shopping, cleaning, pet and child care) and a 12 year career in occupational therapy which took me from mainstream, allopathic medicine to collaborative care model, then with Lumigrate into functional, integrative and environmental medicine models and finally energy medicine (German auricular medicine, for example).  

I had an elderly local/in person client who had dabbled in supplements using a "shotgun approach" as I call it. They'd learn of things from mainstream marketing, media, providers, typically, and purchase and take this, that, and the other. I was concerned about their risks if exposed to COVID, so facilitated telephone appointments with a provider I've had for many years here in the forums of Lumigrate, where we got advise very similar to what is in this podcast I'm suggesting.  It's proven to work for me (I didn't have to seek medical attention, though was extremely ill for a week and recovering through symptoms you'll hear discussed on this podcast), but I didn't have a provider and Internet resource until now.  THANK YOU JOE ROGAN (and guest expert, of course!).  Here's the link to get started learning who Joe Rogan is, and if you click on the Podcast tab you'll be able to go to Spotify and directly into his channel from there.  www.joerogan.com/

I've learned along the way with the life-long health challenges  I overall navigated successsfully (and wanted to help others do similarly for less time, energy and money so created Lumigrate in 2008) to FIND EXPERTS who seem credible, honest, and cutting edge, and dive in!  Learn from them with as much time and energy as you have before spending money and starting to take the suggestions they give. 

Once I saw the podcast from 6 January 2021 with Dr. Mark Gordon, I wanted to offer a topic on Lumigrate ASAP.  I wish I'd known of "The Stack" Joe Rogan teases out of him in the interview before I had COVID in December, because he gives doses which were higher than what I was taking, and once I had the digestive system symptoms set in, I stopped supplements (and food), whereas his suggestion is to basically double the profilactic dose.  And he has had the feedback from the patients he's helped to further assure a person this was without incident, or is very low risk.  

I'll end my Foreword here, and get to the overview I'll transcribe of the podcast, providing links and ENCOURAGEMENT TO GO and VIEW.  Spotify is really easy to set up and FREE at this time to view/listen to Joe Rogan's channel (and many other things!).  You can pay for a subscription and get additional services, but I've not had any anoyances from Spotify due to signing up. And I learned of a new provider, who I hope YOU will GO and LEARN / FOLLOW and benefit from, too (if you have more time to devote to following them at their Internet places, books, and so on.  

The balance of nutrition is discussed at 

To cover the bases of nutrition, we must realize that supplementation is needed if people are consuming less than ideally produced products.  (And by ideally grown, I mean soils and water that would provide everything the plant would uptake to put into what is consumed, harvested ideally and eaten properly and immediately.  So very few people would be in this position, it's virtually nobody in Lumigrate's reach, but do your best to get quality in the foods and thereby rely less than more on supplementation.  You'll see further on in the discussion how the doctor provides great examples from his own life on this aspect.) 

GMO -- avoid as much as possible genetically modified organisms. 

They're finding more people with gluten sensitivity than with an allergy or celiac disease.  If you have an inflammatory diet you will get changes in the brain and brain function. 

Joe is five days back to a high protein, low carbohydrate diet and he shares how it changes his body and energy, and how quickly. (But he loves pasta and breads.)

Doctor says it's because he's not kicking in insulin.  Insulin is the hormone of storage.  When insulin is called for by having consumed carbohydrates and is thus emitted in the body, it causes a drop in glucose in the body; the body is very sensitive to this and causes fatigue, cognitive impairment, tremors and dryness of the mouth.  

Fructose has to go through a process to be converted to glocuse, so you'll not see such a fast or recognizeable change with the afore-mentioned symptoms.  

Example is donut, and two hours later the doctor will be needing a nap.  Joe talks about having a cheeseburger with a giant milkshake and how for hours he didn't feel well afterwards.  

They joke about if the nearby notorious fried chicken is good or not for you (a chain that's not obviously a chain), which Joe highly recommends and doesn't give a $#%@ if it's good or not for you, it's so enjoyable.  

Vitamin D

If you're looking at viral protection, there's a study that was done 

trauma

Testosterone - hypothalamus is like a sensor

Live and Learn. Learn and Live Better! is my motto. I'm Mardy Ross, and I founded Lumigrate in 2008 after a career as an occupational therapist with a background in health education and environmental research program administration. Today I function as the desk clerk for short questions people have, as well as 'concierge' services offered for those who want a thorough exploration of their health history and direction to resources likely to progress their health according to their goals. Contact Us comes to me, so please do if you have questions or comments. Lumigrate is "Lighting the Path to Health and Well-Being" for increasing numbers of people. Follow us on social networking sites such as: Twitter: http://twitter.com/lumigrate and Facebook. (There is my personal page and several Lumigrate pages. For those interested in "groovy" local education and networking for those uniquely talented LumiGRATE experts located in my own back yard, "LumiGRATE Groove of the Grand Valley" is a Facebook page to join. (Many who have joined are beyond our area but like to see the Groovy information! We not only have FUN, we are learning about other providers we can be referring patients to and 'wearing a groove' to each other's doors -- or websites/home offices!) By covering some of the things we do, including case examples, it reinforces the concepts at Lumigrate.com as well as making YOU feel that you're part of a community. Which you ARE at Lumigrate!

This forum is provided to allow members of Lumigrate to share information and ideas. Any recommendations made by forum members regarding medical treatments, medications, or procedures are not endorsed by Lumigrate or practitioners who serve as Lumigrate's medical experts.

Lumigrate Newsletter

Stay informed of the latest Lumigrate news!

Subscribe to this feed