The Grate Groove in 2012: Created SWIG (Safe Water is Great) Focusing on Fluoride

Subscribe to this feed
Bookmark and Share
No replies
Mardy Ross's picture
Mardy Ross
Title: LumiGRATE Poster - Top of the Totem Pole
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 6 days ago.

We started out 2012 with people calling or messaging and saying 'I'm rarin' to go, it's a new year.' And I was thinking we were going to start really focusing on things that cause chronic illness overall, and that would have a big component having to do with FOOD.  A local chiropractor, Jeff McCloskey, D.C., was eager to join the group and had heard that in years past I'd had a fibromyalgia 'support group', which was not exactly accurate, it was an educational forum and I'd tried to get a qualified mental health provider to lead a support group but those who were qualified were busy and the one I found who was looking for more work realized in talking with me that she had fibromyalgia and so sought treatment and wisely didn't put starting a support group on her plate. 

But in May things changed when I was contacted by someone saying there would be a story in the paper the next day about one of our four area water treatment plants leaving fluoride out of the mix they add to the water. I was asked to get involved. Knowing that all chiropractors are against adding fluoride to drinking water, I asked Dr Jeff, as well as local holistic dentist Jim Kennedy, to meet about starting a subgroup of The Grate Groove that was specifically about fluoride/water.  Dr Jeff brought a friend he knows from his political activism group, Kevin King, and by the end of our first dinner meeting, we felt we had the people and need look no further, in terms of a core to start a group. At our next meeting we brainstormed names and Safe Water Is Great/SWIG is what we came up with. 

The information for all that best fit with the 'supplementing what you eat and drink' section of forums at Lumigrate, as that is what fluoride is being added to do, rather than people who want to take it orally taking a pill like anything else. I'll forego more here and simply provide the link to it. If you're interested, please go and read about it, it's very important for your health, there is new research world-wide showing it's neurotoxicity. 

Live and Learn. Learn and Live Better! is my motto. I'm Mardy Ross, and I founded Lumigrate in 2008 after a career as an occupational therapist with a background in health education and environmental research program administration. Today I function as the desk clerk for short questions people have, as well as 'concierge' services offered for those who want a thorough exploration of their health history and direction to resources likely to progress their health according to their goals. Contact Us comes to me, so please do if you have questions or comments. Lumigrate is "Lighting the Path to Health and Well-Being" for increasing numbers of people. Follow us on social networking sites such as: Twitter: http://twitter.com/lumigrate and Facebook. (There is my personal page and several Lumigrate pages. For those interested in "groovy" local education and networking for those uniquely talented LumiGRATE experts located in my own back yard, "LumiGRATE Groove of the Grand Valley" is a Facebook page to join. (Many who have joined are beyond our area but like to see the Groovy information! We not only have FUN, we are learning about other providers we can be referring patients to and 'wearing a groove' to each other's doors -- or websites/home offices!) By covering some of the things we do, including case examples, it reinforces the concepts at Lumigrate.com as well as making YOU feel that you're part of a community. Which you ARE at Lumigrate!

This forum is provided to allow members of Lumigrate to share information and ideas. Any recommendations made by forum members regarding medical treatments, medications, or procedures are not endorsed by Lumigrate or practitioners who serve as Lumigrate's medical experts.

Lumigrate Newsletter

Stay informed of the latest Lumigrate news!

Subscribe to this feed