Act as a Concerned Citizen: Endocrine-Disrupting Chemical Exposure Elimination Act of 2011

Subscribe to this feed
Bookmark and Share
No replies
Mardy Ross's picture
Mardy Ross
Title: LumiGRATE Poster - Top of the Totem Pole
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago.

I'm posting this, which was emailed to me by Gusti, someone I know personally who has a keen interest and unique and deep knowledge of the intricacies of the connection of what is going on with the Earth and people's wellness of the body, mind and spirit.  I recognized the photograph on this VERY impressive piece as Paonia, Colorado, so am fascinated by the people involved in this organization AND 'movement'.  22 years ago I was having a challenging summer, having been 'struck down' while working for the air quality project for the National Park Service's visibility monitoring project; that was 1989 and the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 came out of the work we (and MANY others) were doing at that time.  

In order to have room for all the talented researchers, a new building had been built with 'the bottom line' of $ being a consideration as usual, and there were many things outgassing.  While that was 'the straw that broke the camel's back', I have learned more and more as the years have gone by and now am looking at things literally from birth.  (Refer to my blog of April 2, 2011, my birthday, related to Saturday's child being full of woe, as I just found out two months before my head / cranium simply has not developed/expanded correctly and it's suspected of causing some inhibition of the pituitary gland.  I have responded well to treatment, so I hope to see a NEW higher level of wellness in the future).  The point being: This is a cumulative health issue and if you picture your body like a barrel that keeps getting things dumped in it and if you don't clear as much 'stuff' as gets added into it, your health spills over from chronic WELLNESS to chronic ILLNESS.  So let's care about the future and do something TODAY -- this piece lets you know how, and I'll be reporting on my process of participation.   So let's get this party started!  I look forward to hearing from this organization as well, and will keep everyone posted about that as well.  ~~ Mardy

The Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011

It is with great enthusiasm that TEDX (The Endocrine Disruption Exchange) endorses The Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011. The Act addresses one of the most serious threats to the security and economy of our country: the health and well-being of our children who today face mounting odds of being born with an endocrine-related disorder.
The Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011 propels the rigorous, 21st Century health research being done through the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences to the forefront of regulatory decision making. It facilitates cooperation between the NIEHS, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory agencies to reduce exposure to chemicals identified as endocrine disruptors.
This Act is essential to facilitate and strengthen current chemical legislation such as the Safe Drinking Water Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Clean Air Act, and new legislation such as the Safe Chemicals Act of 2011, the Endocrine Disruptor Screening Enhancement Act of 2010, and others.
Please contact your Senators and Members of the House of Representatives and ask them to cosponsor The Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Exposure Elimination Act of 2011.
For more information on how to do this, and to download a copy of the Act go towww.endocrinedisruption.org/endocrine.edlaw11.php.

Live and Learn. Learn and Live Better! is my motto. I'm Mardy Ross, and I founded Lumigrate in 2008 after a career as an occupational therapist with a background in health education and environmental research program administration. Today I function as the desk clerk for short questions people have, as well as 'concierge' services offered for those who want a thorough exploration of their health history and direction to resources likely to progress their health according to their goals. Contact Us comes to me, so please do if you have questions or comments. Lumigrate is "Lighting the Path to Health and Well-Being" for increasing numbers of people. Follow us on social networking sites such as: Twitter: http://twitter.com/lumigrate and Facebook. (There is my personal page and several Lumigrate pages. For those interested in "groovy" local education and networking for those uniquely talented LumiGRATE experts located in my own back yard, "LumiGRATE Groove of the Grand Valley" is a Facebook page to join. (Many who have joined are beyond our area but like to see the Groovy information! We not only have FUN, we are learning about other providers we can be referring patients to and 'wearing a groove' to each other's doors -- or websites/home offices!) By covering some of the things we do, including case examples, it reinforces the concepts at Lumigrate.com as well as making YOU feel that you're part of a community. Which you ARE at Lumigrate!

This forum is provided to allow members of Lumigrate to share information and ideas. Any recommendations made by forum members regarding medical treatments, medications, or procedures are not endorsed by Lumigrate or practitioners who serve as Lumigrate's medical experts.

Lumigrate Newsletter

Stay informed of the latest Lumigrate news!

Subscribe to this feed